September 22, 2023
Top Savings and Investment Rates
Here at SGN Investments we are an independent broker and have access to top rates from multiple companies for your saving and investing needs. All deposits sold are eligible for deposit insurance.
A Guaranteed Investment Certificate, also known as a GIC, is a Canadian term deposit investment. SGN Investments offers GIC’s with terms anywhere between 30 days up to 5 years. Many GIC’s typically have a minimum deposit amount of $1000, however some financial institutions do have a higher minimum deposit requirement. Most term deposits are offered at a fixed rate of return and are non-redeemable until maturity. Other term deposits may be offered at a variable rate, a high interest savings account, or be redeemable after a specific number of days.
Interest on GIC’s can be paid on a schedule that is more convenient for you. GIC’s will usually be offered at a lower interest rate if the interest is paid more frequently.
SGN Investments also offers GIC’s in “registered” accounts. Registered accounts would include:
- Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSA’s)
- Registered Retirement Saving Plans (RRSP’s)
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF’s)
- Locked-In Retirement Account (LIRA) / Locked-in Retirement Savings Plan (LRSP)*
- Life Income Funds (LIF’s)*
*Looking to retire? Speak to us today about a safe option for your pension.
Shane Nixon CFP®, CIM®, CLU®, BBA (Hons)
President SGN Investments
Our Client's Expect Safety and Protection for their Hard Earned Money!
Your money is safe and secure since we only offer guaranteed investment deposits that are eligible for coverage by deposit insurance either federally or provincially. There are no fees charged for our services, any compensation we receive is only on the sale of GIC’s in the form of a commission. We are transparent with how we are compensated so don’t be scared to ask us about how we get paid. If you transfer your investment from another financial institution to SGN Investments, you will be reimbursed up to $100 if a transfer fee is charged by the relinquishing financial institution.
- We can advise you on the best product for your goals at the best rates
- We can advise you on limits for each type of account based on your investments
- We take care of all the paperwork, no headaches!
- We offer friendly, personal and efficient customer service
- We offer expert financial advice